If you’ve ever considered writing for Medium, now is the time to do so. The site is growing more in popularity with each passing day and the best part about the site is that it accepts writings of all types and from all types of writers, including both professionals and amateurs. Medium started as a way to escape the restrictions that sites such as Twitter and Blogger have on their writers and you can find all types of articles and blogs there.
Hooray for Medium
Medium has only been around since 2012 but it’s made a big impact on the social media world. It lists categories such as Health, Politics, Startups, and Tech and you can enjoy a membership for only $5 per month. The website exists because its founders believe that there are a lot of people in the world who have something important to say and they want to give those people that opportunity.
If you want to write a blog, Medium is usually preferred over self-hosted blog sites by many professional bloggers for a variety of reasons. These reasons include:
- It can motivate you to write more once you realize that people are reading your blogs and they will do so more quickly than you think.
- The website has a “clean” look and is user-friendly.
- The website will show up in Google searches, which is a big benefit for bloggers.
- Sooner than you think, you will notice people reading and commenting on your blogs. This is because, thanks to the way it is set up, the site enables you to get readers who are interested in your content.
- All of your blogs are in one place and not scattered in different places.
- Medium gets a lot of exposure — over 30 million visitors per month.
- It is easy and fast to start your blog.
Medium is easy to use because to get started, all you have to do is sign in with Twitter, Google, or Facebook and create a publication. There is no verifying your email or creating a special email account just for your blog. It is both fast and simple. It is also a hosted platform so you don’t have to put up with the hassles of managing a server or running a website.
The Advanced Benefits of the Medium Website
There are some technical advantages to publishing blogs and articles on the Medium website. These include:
- Its SEO capabilities are excellent. With Medium, you get seen quickly and often. It also increases the odds that you will be included at the very top of an online search.
- Medium offers excellent performance. It loads fast, recognizes your screen quickly, and also has the capability to achieve an uptime of nearly 100%, which is outstanding.
- It has a sense of community. The website was specifically created to connect people with articles that are of interest to them. If you create content and use the proper tags, Medium will do the rest for you and your readership will grow.
- It is a very social website. Readers can highlight sections of the blog that they like best and you can even receive “claps” from your readers, which show you how popular your blog is.
- It has an excellent editor with a huge list of things that it can and will do for you. Even inserting an image is super easy because all you do is drag it in and place it where you want it.
Between its ease of use and its ability to bring you fast and efficient results, writing for Medium is a very smart choice for writers of blogs, articles, and anything else that you’d like to see in writing. When you have content that you want to share with others, choosing Medium is great for all types of reasons. Even with the competitiveness of the writers trying to place their content online, Medium can produce great results every time.
In today’s tech-savvy world, tens of thousands of people are trying to get published somewhere — anywhere — but this certainly doesn’t mean that all blog sites are alike. Even with great content, it might be difficult for you to get readers and score high on someone’s online search. With Medium, these things happen much more quickly, allowing you to concentrate just on your writing.
Easy to Use and Very Good at What it Does!
Medium, above everything else, is simply good at what it does so you can trust it to do what it says it will do as soon as you sign up for an account and start blogging. In fact, a lot of the things that you had to do with other social media sites don’t apply with Medium because this website does a lot of those things for you. Read on and discover what some of these things are.
- You can take your fans with you. If you already have a blog site and a following, you can take those people with you so that you automatically have a fan base as soon as you create your account on Medium.
- You can reach a lot of new readers and they’ll be the right kinds of readers. Thanks to its algorithmic timeline, Medium can immediately attract readers to your content who are actually interested in what you have to say.
- There is no aggressive API usage. This greatly reduces the amount of spam you receive, thanks to its top-notch signal-to-noise ratio. There will be no more “illegitimate” followers when you choose Medium!
- It can help you attract new followers on your existing accounts. Medium can create new audiences for you through your Twitter and Facebook accounts. These will be followers who are brand-new to your content and who will appreciate what you’ve written.
- You can achieve amazing results with very little effort. Since Medium does all of the hard work for you, you can get amazing results with little effort on your part. This allows you to do what you do best, which is creating new content for your followers to enjoy.
- Medium has a great importing tool. This means that you can easily import blogs on other sites to your Medium account. It is fast and very simple.
- It provides better engagement metrics. The website shows you how many people viewed your story and how many people made it to the end. It also mentions the average reading time, which is usually between seven and eleven minutes.
- It is a great way to get discovered by the big publishing companies. Medium is popular so publishing to it regularly increases the odds that you’ll catch the attention of an important publisher one day.
- It does especially well with certain industries including business, startups, technology, life learning, entrepreneurship, politics, and culture. If your blog has to do with one of these areas, you’ll likely do well on Medium.
- You can even start your own publication on Medium. You don’t have to settle for individualized blogs any longer because starting a publication could likely increase the interest in your articles.
When you realize how fast Medium has grown, you’ll understand completely why including your blogs on the website is such a great idea. If you want to publish your content where the most people will see it and where it will bring you the most followers, Medium is one website that you’ll definitely want to consider. You’ll also be pleasantly surprised by the number of topics available on the site on any given day, giving you a lot of outlets if you are a writer with a diverse repertoire.
Medium Makes Blogging Easy
Many people have switched from their regular blog sites to the Medium website and with good reason. Even if you are new to blogging, this is a great website to try out because it produces results quickly and is easy to use even for newbies. There will be no more formatting your blog as in WordPress and you get feedback almost immediately. There are also additional advantages to using Medium, including:
- You can write about whatever you wish to write about, allowing you to find your own style and voice.
- You get the right reinforcement and the right platform regardless of the topic you’ve chosen to write about in your blog.
- Because there are so many great writers there, you can find inspiration from others when you place your content on Medium.
- Medium allows you to have immediate feedback on your blog, which includes “claps” and comments.
- It is much easier to write regularly, mostly because it is so user-friendly and there are so few details to tend to. You just write and post!
As you can see, writing for Medium is easy for beginning writers, experienced bloggers, and professional writers. Their goal is to share as many important articles with as many people as possible so they make the technical part easy and allow you to simply write. After all, when you’re interested in writing a blog, your main desire is to share information with others, not spend time trying to figure out formatting and promotion.
How to Get Started
Even getting started with Medium is super easy. There are no complicated details so if you already have an account on Facebook or other social media site, Medium will be a piece of cake compared to that one. If you aren’t tech-savvy, do not worry because you’ll be amazed at how easy the steps are. These steps include:
- Sign up for an account. You can even sync your Twitter account to your Medium account if you want to.
- Spend 20-30 minutes familiarizing yourself with the platform. After all, if you want to start blogging for them, it is good to know what Medium is all about.
- Follow its lead. Medium’s editors have written a lot of great guides that can increase your blogging success so it is good to get to know them a little better.
- Start writing about what you know first. Write something you know a lot about to make the writing flow easier and be more effective and interesting.
- Be persistent. Not all of your blogs will be successful but over time, you will enjoy more success if you get more experienced at it.
- Engage your readers. You can start by publishing one or more of the following writings: excerpt, op-ed, book, outtakes from your book, and other original pieces.
Although it’s best to take your time and learn all you can about Medium’s platform before you start writing, the fact is that you are likely going to enjoy incredible results in a very short period of time. Writing for Medium is productive and enjoyable. In addition to all of the other benefits of publishing a blog, it allows you to write with the likelihood that you will soon have a following for your work.
You never know which blog will take off and which one won’t but publishing your blogs on Medium on a regular basis is all but guaranteed to eventually produce the results that you were hoping for. With Medium, your blogs will get read and you’ll gain an audience, all a lot sooner than you might think.