Cost per install ad networks are an indispensable tool for app developers and mobile marketers.
They are designed to drive up downloads of your mobile app by advertising it to the target audience and then prompting them to install it.
This, in turn, helps you grow your user base and pushes your app further up on the store charts.
The average cost per install rates for advertising iOS apps is said to be around $2.07, whereas, for Android apps, it is about $1.72. However, the actual price you need to pay depends on the total number of installs, the app you are promoting, and of course, the network through which you are promoting it.
But what exactly is cost per install advertising, and how does it work? What are the best cost per install ad networks, and how can you decide which one to join?
The following article will help you figure out the answers to all that you need to know about this mode of marketing.
What is Cost Per Install Marketing?
Cost per install, commonly abbreviated to CPI, is a unique form of the CPA model. As the name suggests, this type of marketing method is based on payments that the advertiser makes when a user installs a particular app onto their smartphone or tablet computer.
The cost per install is generally calculated by dividing the total ad spend by the number of times the app was downloaded during the campaign.
CPI advertising takes the popular cost per click (CPC) and cost per mille (CPM) marketing models one step further. While CPC and CPM ad networks charge you when a user clicks on your ad or merely views it on their screen, cost per install ad networks require payment only when the app is downloaded by the user when prompted by the ad.
This enables you to measure the ROI for your ad campaign accurately.
Note: Cost per install marketing should not be confused with cost per impression, which shares the same acronym, CPI. Cost per impression is a marketing model where the advertiser needs to pay for every thousand impressions created for their ad.
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, this article uses the shorthand, CPI, to refer to cost per install.
Now that you have a basic understanding of cost per install advertising let’s take a look at the top CPI ad networks to take your marketing campaign to the next level.
Best Cost Per Install Ad Networks
Created by mobile developers, for mobile developers, AdColony is hands down one of the best ad networks that you definitely need to join. It was founded in 2011, and in less than a decade since its inception, has grown into a world-class mobile advertising network.
Being a leader in mobile performance advertising, AdColony helps you drive high-quality app installs at scale. It gives you access to the most trending mobile environments so that your ads are displayed exactly where user attention lives.
Another great thing about AdColony is that the company has an in-house creative studio featuring skilled designers and developers. They are committed to driving high results by making your ads more visually attractive. Plus, AdColony has offices located in various parts of the world, including the US, UK, Germany, China, Japan, Singapore, and Turkey, to name a few. This means you can rely on their impeccable customer service whenever the need arises.
With a global reach of over 1.5 million mobile users, there’s no reason why you should delay joining this platform for promoting your app.
- Trusted by more than 80% of the top-grossing developers on app stores, including Rovio, Avid.ly, and SuperCell
- Has a dedicated creative team to generate completely customized ads for each individual developer, without charging any additional cost
- It gives you app-level transparency so that you stay well informed and know precisely where your ads are being delivered
- Uses behavioral and geo-targeting to reach the relevant audiences
- It runs more than 25 offices around the world to manage international user acquisition
- Offers ads in various formats to suit the particular app
Adperio is a reliable mobile marketing partner that connects iOS and Android app advertisers with populous traffic sources. The company was founded in 1994, and it is its 25+ years of experience that enable it to generate tremendous installs for all its clients effectively and efficiently.
This ad network provides app developers and mobile marketers with tried and tested acquisition strategies so that you can not only increase the total number of downloads but also maintain a high engagement rate with the app users post-installation.
Adperio gives advertisers the maximum value for their marketing expenditure. This is because the network uses fraud prevention technology to protect your ad spend from going down the drain.
- A premier CPI ad network that enables you to acquire quality users
- After joining this network, you will be connected with experienced account managers who will provide you with industry insights as well as actionable advice for skyrocketing your app revenue
- It provides post-install optimization to help you achieve lifetime users
- In addition to CPI, this ad network also supports other types of pricing models, such as cost per impression
- It is a transparent ad network that gives you complete authority over the ad campaign
Leadbolt is an award-winning CPI ad network explicitly designed for app-install marketers. This high-performance mobile marketing network makes user acquisition and in-app monetization as easy as 1, 2, 3. It connects you with quality users on a global level so that you establish direct and lifelong relationships with the people who download your app.
Although Leadbolt based in Sydney, Australia, the company has offices located in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
- Helps you advertise with confidence as the network is powered by premium partners and relies on advanced ad-serving technologies to deliver valuable users at scale
- Get access to premium global traffic
- Leadbolt uses machine learning and smart algorithms so that advertisers get a guaranteed high ROI
- Trusted by more than 65,000 app developers and mobile marketers all across the world
- Gives you the option to choose between self-serve and managed ads
- Dynamic ad delivery that provides exceptional results every time
- Offers a range of mobile ad placement options – i.e., native ads, video ads, interstitials, rich media ad, Interactive Playable Ads, and more
- Monitors and automatically prevents over 15 different types of ad frauds
Bidease is another great ad network following the risk-free mode of advertising, CPI. The network prides itself on being the only demand-side platform for mobile marketers with access to the entire mobile ecosystem in the world.
It is supported by some of the most renowned mobile publishers and exchanges, which is what enables the network to help advertisers achieve their performance marketing goals.
- A value-driven cost per install ad network that offers fully transparent results
- It uses robust targeting methods to reach the desired audience. This includes focusing on the prospective app user’s geographical location, gender, mobile carrier, device statistics, personal interests and so on
- A fully managed ad network that offers custom tracking
- Bidease also supports cost per mille marketing model
- Promote your app through a variety of ad formats such as banners, native ads, video-based ads, etc
InMobi made it our list of the best cost per install ad networks for one simple reason – it delivers incredible ROIs for mobile marketers.
It is a mobile advertising platform with a global reach. It is based on a mobile-first approach, which means that the network focuses on delivering a top-notch ad experience for the users. Needless to say, this ultimately translates to huge benefits for the advertisers in terms of increased user engagement leading to an increased number of app installs.
- Advertise your app on a platform that supports iOS and Android, as well as web installs
- The network lays heavy emphasis on using video ads coupled with deep learning-based optimization strategies
- InMobi lets you connect with users such that your engagement drives more revenue for your business
- The ad network is valued for its international reach spanning a total of more than 1.5 billion unique mobile users
- Helps you make informed decisions based on insights from mobile marketing data and research
Mobupps is a performance-oriented mobile ad network that was founded over ten years ago. It is serving advertisers based in various countries, including, but not limited to, the US, Canada, China, India, and even Russia.
The network helps you leverage thousands of app publishers, boasting high-quality traffic from different sources. This means your ads will be displayed on channels that have the highest chances of delivering the desired result.
- A reliable CPI mobile ad network with a global outreach
- Suitable for promoting apps designed for both Android and iOS
- Supports different marketing models including cost per mille and cost per click
- Uses info about app, carrier, country, device, network and other important elements to serve ads in a way that yields fruitful results
- Fully managed ad network based on real-time bidding
Appdexterity features mobile app marketing experts who use data insights, advanced tools, and strategies to capture new app users through cost per install marketing campaigns.
The network prides itself on targeting the relevant group of audience to help you build a large and loyal user base.
- Helps you increase your app discoverability by utilizing the ad spend in the right manner
- Offers affordable rates for advertising on a large scale
- Uses specialized techniques for serving ads to the appropriate niche users
ConsoliAds is a popular in-app monetization and promotion platform. What makes it an excellent choice for advertisers looking for CPI ad networks is the fact that ConsoliAds consists of thousands of publishers that can help promote your app to their respective users/visitors.
Advertisers who have joined ConsoliAds already have been able to generate over 350 million impressions in a relatively short amount of time. This is made possible by displaying the said ad on more than 12,000 different apps registered on the network.
- Helps you capture high-quality users by creating millions of impressions leading to guaranteed app installs
- Allows you to advertise your app through all the leading ad formats (native, banner, video, interstitial, rewarded video, or icons and so on)
- Joining this ad network gives you access to a premium inventory of global ad spaces
- Use geo-targeting, user demographics, app category, and similar features to promote your app effectively
- Bid optimization technology enables you to channel the maximum amount of money towards high-value users that are more likely to provide long-term benefits
- You can rely on ConsoliAds’ state-of-the-art fraud prevention technology to keep you safe from unwanted traffic sources
- It features a simple and easy-to-use dashboard to help you monitor and control the performance of your ads in a hassle-free way
What if you can advertise your app by joining an ad network that handles all the complexities involved in the process so you can truly relax?
If you are looking for one such platform, then Smadex is an excellent choice to consider.
Trusted by savvy marketers in several industries, Smadex is a mobile-first DSP that’s dedicated to driving visible results for all advertisers. This all-in-one programmatic ad network is specially designed to increase user acquisition. It does this by integrating ad serving technology with smart algorithms and real-time bidding system. It also generates analytics reports to give you a deeper insight into the effectiveness of your marketing campaign.
- Helps you reach out to premium publishers that offer promising results
- Enhance the visibility of your app using audio, video and rich media ads
- You can use the network’s self-service feature to plan, implement, supervise and optimize your ad campaign in real-time
- Smadex offers full transparency on the inventory to ensure campaign security and integrity
- Uses predictive bidding based on the prospective user’s suggested lifetime value (LTV)
- Seamlessly integrates with analytics tools
CPI advertising is a virtually risk-free marketing method as it elicits payment once the user has already helped you achieve the desired result by downloading the app. Cost per install ad networks are designed to help app developers, and mobile marketers promote their apps on a large scale in a cost-effective manner.
Even if your end goal isn’t app installation, the data from CPI advertising campaigns can be used for other business objectives, such as finding the cost of user acquisition and determining which market segments are most profitable for mobile game creators.