When it comes to the biggest advertising networks, Google AdSense undeniably tops the list.
If you are looking for alternatives to AdSense, you certainly aren’t alone. Different people are motivated to look for AdSense alternatives due to various reasons.
Maybe your site didn’t get approved, or you inadvertently violated a tiny rule from Google’s handbook detailing its terms of service for AdSense. And now, your account has been temporarily banned, or disabled altogether. Or perhaps you are merely looking for ways to diversify your income by leveraging other avenues in addition to AdSense.
Whatever the case might be, if you want to earn money online by monetizing the traffic on your site, the following list will certainly come in handy.
Here are some of the best alternatives to Google AdSense that are almost equally well-performing and rewarding.
Media.net is one of the biggest ad networks out there. Many well-renowned companies, like Elle, Esquire, Reuters, Cosmopolitan, CNN, and even Forbes, use this network for publishing ads on their websites. If you are missing out on this ad network, you are definitely shooting yourself in the foot.
Media.net serves contextual ads from the Yahoo! Bing ad network. It has a large pool of advertisers who are constantly on the lookout for publishers willing to host their ads. This not only ensures a 100% fill rate, but also helps your ad spaces fill up fast.
This ad network serves a wide variety of ad formats, including native ads, display ads, and mobile docked ads. Since the ads are based on the standard size set out by the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB), you don’t need to worry about the ads affecting user experience on your site.
- Choose from a variety of methods for generating ad revenue (CPC, CPM, CPA)
- No minimum traffic requirement
- Enables you to maximize your yield by leveraging demand from direct advertisers, as well as traditional RTB sources
AdPushup allows you to benefit from the high demand for publishers. It offers premium ads in a variety of formats that enables you to generate a massive amount of money in ad revenue.
This is made possible by its advanced features that include layout optimization, header bidding implementation, automated A/B testing, and more. The best part about this aptly named ad network is that it uses smart algorithms that push the ads past adblockers and other similar bots, ensuring maximum visibility and, in turn, higher returns.
- A managed ad network that provides you a hassle-free way of money through ad placement
- Offers innovative ad formats (standard IAB units, docked ads, native ads, sticky ads, and in-image ads)
- Compatible with top-tier networks, such as Google AdX, Rubicon, Criteo, and AppNexus, to name a few
- Quick integration – you only need to include a single line in your web code
- Offers an average of 33% boost in revenue
- Fast and secure payments (get paid via PayPal or bank wire)
- Trusted by enterprise publishers like Reddit, VentureBeat, and Business Insider
Adsterra is hailed for its performance-based solutions amongst publishers and advertisers alike. To get a better idea of what makes it one of the biggest advertising networks, take a look at the following stats:
Adsterra publishers make a combined total of over 25 billion impressions each month. The network runs more than 50,000 successful campaigns, covers 190 geographic locations, and was able to create an impressive 10 million leads in the last month alone.
- Trouble-free registration and implementation
- High CPM rates
- Offer maximum security by keeping a strict check on the quality of ads
- Protect your site against malware and undesirable ads by using a third-party fraud detection system
- Choose from a variety of web and mobile ad formats
- On-time payments through a range of withdrawal options
Discover what smart ads can do for you.
Infolinks helps you deal with the user behavior that can rightfully be called the biggest arch-enemy of all publishers – banner blindness.
Conventional online advertisements featuring a typical banner format are hardly noticed by users nowadays. This is because people tend to ignore them, either consciously or subconsciously, owing to their ad-like appearance which interrupts user experience.
Infolinks offer unique ad units that seamlessly merge with other content on the site. This exponentially increases their likelihood of being noticed and followed through.
Getting started with Infolinks is as easy as pie. All you need to do is create a free account, paste the relevant code onto your site, and that’s it!
Wait for the money to start rolling in.
- Offers a variety of unique ad products (InFold, InScreen, InText, InTag, InArticle, and InFrame)
- Does not have any limitations on-site traffic
- No setup fees and visitor requirements
- Easily integrate with any website
- Trusted by over 100,000 publishers worldwide
- Hosts top-notch advertisers from Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft, and eBay
PropellerAds is a dominant ad network that lets you host a variety of ads, including banners, push notifications, sponsored links, and more. The platform offers advanced monetization solutions to help you feature the right advertisements, in the right place, and at the right time.
Trusted by more than 150,000 publishers, PropellerAds is known for its market expertise that allows it to provide you with higher-than-average payouts. The network follows a strict policy for clean-only ads, which means that you don’t have to worry about obscene content affecting your visitors, or malware and viruses attacking your site.
- Self-serve platform with multiple options for targeting the relevant audience and hence, improving ad performance
- Global ad coverage
- Realtime reporting system enables you to modify and enhance your strategies accordingly
- Automated ad optimization fine-tunes your setting to help you reach maximum conversions
- Works seamlessly with AdSense
RevenueHits is another great ad network to consider if you wish to turn your website into a cash cow.
Developed by InTango, this network lets you select premium ads from an assortment of formats to match the different ad spaces on your site.
The different types of advertisements available on RevenueHits include display banners, pop ads, button ads, interstitial, shadowbox ads, sliders, dialog box ads, and top banners.
RevenueHits is based on the CPM, CPC, and CPA models – which only prove more beneficial for publishers because the network uses geo-targeted ad serving technology. This increases ad relevance, and ensures that you earn higher revenue by generating better user engagement.
- Offers ads that are optimized for different mobile devices and desktop computers
- Easy to join and simple to use
- Timely payouts through multiple options for payment method
- Guaranteed 100% fill rate
- Ad-reinsertion technology helps you recover the money that you might be losing due to ad blocking software
Ezoic is a Google award-winning ad network. This end-to-end platform aims to simplify the ever-growing complexity of the digital ecosystem for publishers and advertisers alike.
As a publisher, you can use Ezoic to manage your site performance while capitalizing on the opportunities to grow your traffic and revenue.
- Google certified publishing partner
- Run automated ad placement tests
- Check how ads will appear on different devices through the Layout Tester
- Easy to set up and manage header bidding
- Uses artificial intelligence to collect essential data about the effectiveness of your blog monetization strategy
- Big data analytics reports help you make informed decisions to improve user experience, site speed, and ad revenue
AdBlade prides itself on being the most innovative ad network on the web. And it’s quite justified, given the fact that it is the go-to choice for leading entities like FoxNews and Yahoo!
The founders of the ad network believe that quality is more important than quantity. Therefore, if you wish to join this platform, you must have at least 500,000 monthly site visitors.
- Supports standard IAB ad units along with
- Offers proprietary NewsBullets ad units that can drive up to three times more than your average revenue
- Based on CPC and CPM model
- Strong sales control feature protects your inventory from being purchased by inappropriate advertisers
9. Epom Market
Epom Market is a cross-platform advertising network that offers high-paid traffic monetization for website owners and app developers. It helps you keep your audience engaged by bringing more value to the content that you share.
By signing up on Epom Market, you get access to ads from world-renowned brands, which, in turn, have the potential to strengthen your relationship with your site visitors.
- Choose the desired ad format from a gallery that comprises of standard, as well as tailor-made ad units
- Monetize all types of traffic regardless of where it is coming from
- Complement your content with premium ads
- Higher than average payments
- Almost 100% fill rate guaranteed
- Impressive customer support providing assistance all round the clock
UnderTone is ideal for publishers who have achieved a prominent place on the web and are now looking for ways to monetize the traffic that they are receiving.
The network provides cross-screen, in-line, video-based, and interstitial advertising solutions. Its high-impact ads are guaranteed to generate higher better user engagement, which is essential for achieving higher commission from ad placement.
- A well-established programmatic ad network
- Choose your desired format from an extensive portfolio of impressive ads
- All ads are CBA compliant
BidVertiser is an ad network which ensures that publishers get the most value by selling their ad space. This programmatic ad network powered by AI not only helps you earn money with each click on the hosted ad, but also offers additional revenue if you are able to generate a lead for the advertising company.
BidVertiser’s self-serve control panel for publishers allows you to optimize your earnings by presenting relevant ads using geo-targeting technology.
- Provides full coverage for desktop and mobile users all across the world – this delivers constant revenues over the long-term
- Suitable for multiple ad formats
- Fully customizable ad units
- Real-time bidding system helps you maximize the ad revenue
- Monitor ad performance in real-time
- No minimum traffic requirements
- Pre-moderated ads
- Low payout threshold – get first payment at $10 only
RevContent is regarded as the best native ad network for bloggers interested in content monetization. This ad network is rapidly growing as more and more publishers and advertisers hop on board.
This ad network powers more than 250 billion content recommendations every month – and this is enough proof of its ever-increasing popularity. Plus, world-famous content marketers, such as Forbes, NBC News, and CBS rely on RevContent to serve their ads.
- Offers 30% to 50% higher rates than other platforms
- Features an average clickthrough rate of 3%
- Customized the widget-based ads as per your needs and preferences
- Helps you utilize audience insights to increase engagement and revenue
13. Vibrant Media
Vibrant Media offers you two options. The first option is to use the platform as your primary display ad network. The second option enables you to benefit from the network’s native ad solutions without changing your existing ad configuration.
At Vibrant Media, you will find all the common ad formats in addition to more innovative layouts, such as storybrand, lightbox, brand canvas, and mosaic ads units.
These inventive ad designs are Chrome filter-friendly and ensure a positive user experience across all devices.
- Ideal for new publishers as there are no conditions for site traffic
- Monetize your blog by creating impressions and generating leads
- Cross-platform ad solutions
Oath, now a part of Verizon Media, is an online advertising company that gives you access to scaled, premium demand for ad spaces. It helps you meet the advertiser’s campaign requirements so that you have a fair chance to compete for all opportunities in real-time bidding. Moreover, Oath’s in-app header bidding features increases the visibility of your inventory, and thus, provides a quick turnaround.
- Provides an opportunity to monetize your site through supercharged demand
- Brand safety controls feature ensures inappropriate ads are not served on your site
- Follows a publisher-first approach, giving you user-friendly tools to manage your inventory and make money in a hassle-free way
AirPush is amongst the leading ad networks for monetizing traffic on mobile devices. If you are looking for ways to capitalize on the ever-increasing use of smartphones in daily life, becoming an AirPush publisher can be a great way to go about it.
The most incredible thing about AirPush is that all its users have opted into their ads. This means that the ads will be served to app users who are more receptive than audiences on other alternative platforms.
- High performing ad formats that guarantee engagement, retention, and revenue
- Worldwide coverage opens up your ad spaces to advertisers in all corners of the world
- Fast and secure payments (weekly payments)
- Allows you to view near-real-time stats on the ad performance
BlogAds is perfect for bloggers who own more than one website and wish to monetize them all. It offers you complete control over the size of ads that you serve, their overall layout, and the price that you get for hosting them.
Also, you have the option to accept or reject the ad offers as per your discretion.
- Fully customizable ad units
- Supports standard IAB ad units
- No threshold for site traffic
Conversant connects your site to numerous businesses looking for ways to create brand awareness. It offers dynamic ads that are customized according to your site’s layout, helping you maximize ad revenue by providing a better user experience.
- Benefit from an ad network that provides unique ads not unavailable at other platforms
- Host ads of the highest quality
- Helps you build a custom digital revenue strategy
- Pro-user interface provides complete transparency into your earnings
Mediavine is an ad management company that works with the largest ad exchanges in order to bring you high-quality ads. It is known for its high payouts – if you are earning sufficiently well on AdSense, you can easily expect to make double the same amount of ad revenue by switching to Mediavine.
However, do keep in mind that getting approved by Mediavine can be a rather challenging task. But if you can work hard to meet their requirements, it’s definitely going to be well worth the effort.
- Higher rates than average
- An average Mediavine publisher sees a 200% increase in their earnings
- All ads are tested for quality
- Get access to their Facebook group designed to help publishers troubleshoot any problems as well as network and collaborate with other leading entities in their niche
19. Ad Recover
Ad Recover, as the name suggests, is an impressive ad network specially designed to help you monetize adblocked impressions.
It’s a well-known fact that millions of users across the world now use filters and specialized software to steer clear of online advertisements that hamper their experience. Therefore, it’s always a good option to use a platform that helps you break past these barriers effortlessly.
Ad Recover can be that tool in your ad hosting arsenal.
- Pro-user technology provides user-friendly ads
- Quick and easy integration – include a single line code in the head tag to get started
- Measure the ad impression being lost to adblocking technology to cash in on the entire traffic
- Their compliance team reviews your site to resolve any conflicts in the code
- Perform A/B testing for the perfect blend of user experience and site monetization
These are some of the biggest advertising networks that come close in competition with Google AdSense. These ad networks can be standalone, or even in conjunction with their main alternatives. If you are trying to expand your income streams, it might take some trial and error to figure out which advertising network (or a combination thereof) helps you generate the highest revenue in a given time period. But rest assured, these platforms are the ideal place to begin your journey.